Your basket contains 0 items, totalling £0.00
You are not logged in [Login
About > Products > Product Details
Model height 6cm (to turret top);
length 14cm; width 6.5cm.
The Warrior Mechanised Combat Vehicle was a direct replacement for the FV432 Armoured Personnel Carrier in the 1980s, and there are 788 Warriors of different variants in service with the British Army.
The Warriors are split among the Army’s nine armoured infantry battalions and comprise:
- 489 FV510 Infantry Section Vehicles (including 105 designated Milan ATGW platoon vehicles.)
- 84 FV511 Infantry Command Vehicles
- 105 FV512 Mechanised Combat Repair Vehicles
- 39 FV513 Mechanised Recovery Vehicles (Repair)
- 52 FV514 Mechanised Artillery Observation Vehicles. This vehicle incorporates BATES (Battlefield Artillery Target Engagement System), navigation reference system APES (Azimuth Positioning Elevation System) and MSTAR, which is Racal’s Manportable Surveillance and Target Acquisition Radar. It can detect and acquire moving targets up to 13 miles away.
- 19 FV515 Battery Command Vehicles.
Each armoured infantry battalion consists of the HQ company, three armoured infantry companies, and a fire support company. Each battalion has 63 Warriors:
- 36 Infantry Section Vehicles
- 11 Infantry Section Vehicles with Milan ATGW
- 9 Infantry Command Vehicles
- 4 Mechanised Recovery Vehicles (Repair)
- 3 Mechanised Combat Repair Vehicles.
Each battalion also has eight Scimitar recce vehicles, seven Spartan CVR(T), two Sultan CVR(T), one Samson CVR(T), 20 FV432 command post vehicles, an armoured ambulance and mortar carrier, 23 8-ton trucks and 19 various light vehicles.
The Warrior has a crew of three (commander, gunner and driver) and can seat seven infantry, all their kit and supplies for 48 hours, in the rear. There are no firing ports on the British Army Warriors, but infantry can fight from the vehicle with the two top hatches open. The Desert Warrior, which was produced for Kuwait, has five firing ports.
Imprint Models, 14 Green Lane, Colchester, Essex CO4 0JA
+44 (0) 1206 862311